Monday, August 12, 2002

I was watching this show about creepy dark holes (Secret Passageways) and I saw the places that Christians used to hide from the Romans which persicuted them for their religion. Which gives me a theory about the cycle of a religion (but I'll get to that in a little bit)The Romans sure did have a lot of power, and used it to enforced their ideas of gods upon the commoners--or else!! As we all know, Rome fell and the world fell into stupidity because of inner turmoil and such.
Well then, christians were the only really educated people left so they built churches and other things.Christians, seeing that they are not being oppressed anymore, regroup and become powerful. As we all know, power can be corrupting. Christians go on their little crusaides or inquisitons and persicute other religions. They went from the persicuted from the persicutors. A thousand years or so later, they are still up and running-----but for how long?
As I see it Christianity could follow a path much like the beliefs of the Romans:
1. A fledgling religion is developed to help people understand the facts of the universe
2. I undergoes adversity by some religion that is bigger and more powerful
3. It hides and waits for the time when the last religion dies out
4. It takes the place of the dead religion and gains power (and thinks its all that cause its top dog now)
5. It becomes corrupted and beats a new fledgling religion.
are you understanding what I'm saying?
I'm reminded of this sketch I saw on Kids in The Hall where it was 1000 years in the future and there was a really big new religion in whicheveryone worshipped this guy that wore a towel and a rock that fell from the heavens hit him on the head.
It made me think that Christianity could die out like any other belief system. Like the Egyptian beliefs or Zoroastrianism or the Romans. Who knows it may be gone tomorrow.....
----yeah I know..... I need to get a life.....

No comments: