Saturday, March 31, 2007

I've been going crazy for the past week because my computer is non-functional.
I miss my Fark, and celebrity news, and keeping up with my Internet buddies.
I've been meaning to clean this blog up, it's a total mess-- MySpace too, but I don't want to hog my Christa's computer forever.
------------------------------------
Living without the Internet is tough, living without video games is even worse. Since my Hunny took up DOA 4 I can't get no Viva Pinata, or Katamari or anything except Tekken sometimes.
So no digital entertainments...
Last Saturday I went to the Library, THE LIBRARY! Can you imagine?
I've been reading this book about Etiquette, which is completely packed with useful info, just learning some very basic things from this book could help me out immensely in social situations, assuming I ever encounter such things in my lonely, lonely life.. ever.. again...
I highly recommend anyone read up on etiquette it's not just how to place your fork and spoon or how to curtsy, but things you could use every day, politeness things that will not only make your life more enjoyable, but make everyday interactions so much nicer.
Then I've been reading Cosmos by Carl Sagan. I don't care wut you say, I fell in love with him from watching a YouTube. It would probably be better for me to just watch the show rather than read the book because it's pretty much the same material. It would be so much easier if I could see a diagram or an animation explaining some of these ideas. So far this is a pretty good read too, it fills in blanks left by my public school educations, limited memory faculties, and things I generally wonder.
Then I got this book about Innumeracy, which I thought at the time would, If I read the book, and focused on helping myself, I could become numerate, but that's not the point of this book I found out. This book called Innumeracy is about how Innumeracy is a more common problem than is realized by educators and such ppl. Innumeracy is supposed to be a primary cause of people believing in luck, in pseudoscience, scams in general, and other such crazuh ideas.
For example some people don't realize just how great a number 1 million is, or a billion or a trillion. Or how their car exhaust could possibly be causing any damage to the ozone layer, how 0.0006% adds up over time. Even though I can't really understand how to do the Math, probabilities and such, there are some pretty thought provoking arguments there.
----
So you can check out Ms. Na-Na Nayners Nannerbannaners the Wannabe Naughty Librarian when she's running across town to the library 15 minutes before close,
cause that's just how she rolls.

No comments: