Saturday, December 21, 2002

You know there are cool people in the world. You ever wonder why they are called as such? You ever call someone cool becos they happen to like certain bands or they dress a certain way and have shiny cars, or loads of jewlry, or nice hair?
Well call me weird but, I don't seem to think that way. What if a persons house and garage and all their posessions were destroyed by a giant death robot and that person just happened to be cool? Would they still be as such?
I don't have a lot of things people would go "ooooooOOOhhhh ahhhhh" over. Do people think im not cool cause of my lack of shiny goodies?
What if you knew a boy or a gal that liked the exact same band or clothing line or *tazoo that you liked, and you fell head over heels in lust! Well! I know that music is a voice for the soul and people that listen to the same music might share the same ideas about it. Yeah its nice to have common interests. But, you know, musicians can be forgotten so easy after a while. (What ever happened to Ricky Martin?) What I mean is you can lose interest. Just like you lose interest in clothes that go out of style, tazoos that run amok, and even videogames that have been played out until they aren't fun anymore.
In my experience its been so exhausting keeping up the misguided collecting of new, popular things just for the sake of keeping up a relationship.
What if you had friends just because of the crap lying around your house and you didn't know it? What if you were constantly buying goodies to keep people around but you didn't know? What if collecting and hoarding was making you depressed and tired and you just aren't aware of it?Do you think that businesses might know that you "need" to buy to keep up your spiffy image? Do you think that people are being influenced to have shiny new this- and shiny new that? I dunno about you but....:: I nod a big yes::
Well I like to look at peoples personality. Its really the only thing that matters. I'm pretty tired of all of the "holier than thou" people walking about with their haute coture (fancy clothes) and having everyone think "oh she's so cool, she shops at abercrombie/hot topic/ evolution/Nothern Tier Childrens Home Thrift Shop of Genesee (lol))--When the person in question actually beats up his brother without the slightest provocation, or tells everyone without such blessings that they are less than dirt. Its all a lie.
There are some things in people that is worth much more that Guess jeans, spiked collars, Ruroni Kenshin posters, and PT Crusers.
For instance, I value: Friendship, Love, Understanding, Trust, Honesty, Loyalty, Sense of Humor, Intelligence, Bravery,Passion, Creativity, Spirituality, Hope, Kindness, Tolerance, Charity, Decency-- all traits of a persons personality.
If you were bored enough to actually read this, I hope you don't feel too preached at. I wrote this mostly to entertain myself. Though I hope you get somthing from it even if you had to read it upsidedown or between the lines. I just feel that people forget this kind of stuff and are going about everything all wrong. -----Okay, thats it, I'll let ya go.
*Tazoo- don't mind this word, It was made up by Bon.

No comments: