Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Brian's B-Day
5/7/05
The anniversary of when Brian fell out of the cutest cloud in the sky.
We went yard sailing, and went to Radio Shack and the town had a festival and a parade in his honor.
We stopped at a bar in Roulette and Brian had an awesome hamburger and pizza and a few songs on the juke box. Brian had a birthday wish come true, and had reoccuring birthday nightmares. I suppose it had to be one of the better he has had. I love my Brian.
------
The Maple Fesitval sucked. I guess it really hasn't been that interesting to me since I got too old to ride the kiddie rides. Brian and I went yard sailing instead of hanging out downtown. Brian planned to get us up early so we could snatch all of the good stuff, and we did. I got a Tenchi Muyo movie, Kiki's Delivery Service and two Sailor Moon Movies at a yard sale (I just can't kick this anime habit). On Friday, we picked up a Sega Genesis with Sonic 2 and Sonic 3D and Street Fighter 2 Super, and Eathworm Jim 1 and 2. So the yard sales made up for the sucky festival.
The art show was probably the best part about the Maple Festival this year. I only won an Honorable Mention ribbon which is kind of a dissapointment, but I understand that they can't give me a Blue ribbon every year, "good lord, give the children a chance (haughty laugh)." So I guess I gotta come back and kick everyone's ass next year.
Anyway, I absolutely have to tell you this:
My G'ma and Momma were chatting with this courthouse maintenence man during the festival. The maintenence man told them how the carnee (carnival people (is that spelled right ?).) people showed up a day early wanting to set up. Since they weren't expected for another day, and the port-o-potties were not set up yet, the carnee people had to think of a suitable place to loosen their loads. Well, you know how there is a stairwell on one side of the courthouse (well if you didn't know, you do now) that leads to some offices in the basement? The maintenece man had to clean up all this carnee excrement, maxi pads and everything. They just squatted over the stairs....

No comments: