Friday, April 04, 2003

----memoir of a long time game player---
Now that I think about it..If memory serves me right--though it doesn't often.
My SNES has been a good childhood companion as well. Especially before Christa was my friend.
I didn't have any good friends when I was a little kid. For resons beyond my control and personal preference I was alienated form the rest of the people my age.
I really can't remember how much I played games, maybe I played very little, and maybe I didn't play much at all. But I do remember playing to keep my mind occupied from things that made me miserable.
Now that I think of It I have spent an ungodly amount of time playing. While other kids would go to soccer, volleyball and basketball practice, I sat and played Mario.
Mario Paint, Mario Kart, Super Mario Land, Dr. Mario, Super Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island Super Mario All Stars with: Super Mario, Super Mario: The lost Levels and Super Mario 2 and 3. were all games I spent substantial time playing--- I mean days and days for each game.
I also conqured Donkey Kong Country, DK2 and Batman Returns. I've also attempted the mindnumblingly retarded Tom and Jerry and my sisters game Mario Teaches Numbers. I've mastered Tetris and Tetris 2, Yoshi's Cookie and Uniracers. I Kicked Giygas ass in Earthbound, I trashed Smithy in Super Mario RPG, and "Woke The Sleeper" in Zelda ( with the help of Xa's Gameboy Super adapter) and after 45 hours of gameplay I'm almost ready to conclude FFII.
... Thats alotta freakin game play!! Not to mention the weekends I've laid to waste with rented games: Mario's Time Machine, Star Fox, DK3, Clay Fighters, Clay Fighters 2, Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim 2, Ren and Stimpy, Aladdin, Bubsy Bobcat 2, Tiny Toon Adventures, The Lion King, and 7up cool spot.
Jesus! Now that I've seen how many games I've listed, I see that I've wasted my entire misguided childhood playing games!
------------ And Thats Just My SNES experience!---
I could ramble on and on about my Playstation. Especially the time I spent on the Tomb Raider ( I, II, III and IIII), and Crash Bandicoot series (I, II, III). Woo! and LunarSSS, and like 50 hours on Alundra, and those precious moments with Namco Museum with classic arcade games like: Galaga, Pac-Man, Toypop, Pole Position, Rally-X, New Rally X and Bosconian.I've also spent a substantial time on Jet Moto, and Oddworld and the frustrations of FFVII. I'm Currently playing FFIX
---------------------------------------------
I've even played The SNES rom on the computer, I've laid wast to perfectly good summer days by playing Salor Moon R, Zelda and The impossibly adorable Kirby's Dream World.
-------------------------------------------
I've played Old School NES, Batman, Snake Rattle and Roll, and the holy trinity: Super Mario Bros, Tetris and Super Mario Bros. 3.
----God I've spent damn near 3/4 of my life up to this point playing games!!!!!!!
It's either an addiction, a hobby, or the essential lifeblood that flows through my veins.
Or I'm just a nut, whatever....

No comments: