Thursday, February 19, 2004

I hope I sleep and dream where I'm about walking over the hills during the prime of fall when the leaves are insanely gold and blood red. Then in this dream, I'll find myself to be 20 pounds lighter and much skinnier and I'm dressed in white, I'll fall into a pool of the clearest spring water and lie there staring at the bottom. The pool will have sunset pink flowers nuzzling the sandy floor I watch them dance and feel so very happy. I'll roll onto my back and watch the whipped cream clouds float by. I'll sink under the water and I'll watch the sunlight dance on its surface until I go blind. I'll find myself on the forest floor again, lying on a bead of leaves. The sunlight will dry my skin and make me feel warm again. Then snow white feahters will fall from he sky, blown free in the wind from the giant feather trees. Tiny, fat bluebirds will hop and sing in the feather trees, and fly down to peck at my fingers. I'll stand and walk westward toward the building. The abandoned cement structure 50 stories high. There will be many rusty pipes there and steel beams sticking out from the walls. An iron staircase leads to the very top of this structure, to the gaping hole in the roof where rain pours in, but there is no rain on this day. A blue sky can be seen peeking in. I'll climb up these stairs, there will be a robot there. This robot is made of an iridescent silvery beetle shell. It is not an obnoxious robot made to copy and manufacture and distroy. It just exisists to exisist. I climb to the top and out onto the roof, there is bliss there, there is no one, nothing animate, only vines and flowers. I look over the edge to see a swamp spreading out in all directions, I hear the faint chirping of spring peepers. It is sunset now. I wander back home, throught the lush forests, over the water, my feet won't touch the ground. Is my love at home yet?
Do I care? I sleep. I wake.
That's the dream I want to have.

No comments: