Tuesday, September 23, 2003

----IV----

The second pool was bulging at the seams with all of the people in it. It seemed that this pool was filled with what seemed to be mud. It looked kind of fun, to be frolicking in a pool full of mud. So I asked a girl who was wading into the pool what was going on. She told me that it was okay because it was only sewage run-off and not real shit. I was completely shocked and my stomach began to churn. With this knowledge I stood and watched them for a while. Gradually the people began to fall into a trance. They began to writhe and squirm. They began stripping themselves naked and squirmed like thousands of maggots in a carcass. People then, started to sink under the “mud” and nobody noticed or cared. They were all enthralled by bathing in their own shit. My blood turned to ice, a million spears of shock pierced my chest and back. I froze into place with a wide-eyed stare. I tried to scream for help but it caught in my throat. My heart beat so aggressively at my ribs I thought my chest would burst. I screamed again and looked for anything that I could do to save these people. I spotted two people above the pool standing on an iron catwalk suspended above the pool. I climbed up the iron steps that lead up to the walkway.
There was a woman in a pink business suit, standing there. I pleaded to her to stop what was going on but she just glanced at her partner, a man in a gunmetal gray business suit. He was pushing buttons on a large control panel. He turned and looked at me nonchalantly and stopped what he was doing.
I became aware of the fact that they were the people who were running the operation. They only said to me that the people were doing what made them feel good, and that it was their job to operate this monstrous death tank. . I was quite convinced that these two people were either demons, or dual facets of the soul of the devil himself! I told them that they had no business doing that, no matter what the circumstances are. They might not be considered to be the nicest people in the world by my scruffy friends but they don’t deserve to be treated that way. I might consider them to be shallow and uncaring. But this is wrong and evil to take advantage of these people.

----V-----
Suddenly I found myself plunged into darkness. I was standing in what seemed to be a dank and musty cave. The floors were flat and black, and covered with slime. The walls were carved elaborately with high arches of gothic style. The walls rose about 200 feet and at the base of these walls were skulls. Some of the skulls were massive carved stone but most of them were real skulls. Hundreds of thousands of these skulls lined the walls—walls that seemed to wind down into a never-ending tunnel.
A voice rang down from the walls saying that this was the very bottom of the cesspool. The voice told me that it would difficult to see all of this if I had been one of the unfortunate few to sink through the shit. The voice was of the woman. She told me that she had drained it so I could clearly understand what the pool meant and what the bottom signified. “As you can see it would be hard to see the truth of your mortality peering through an abyss of shit.
I blinked and was transported again, to the other pool. This time the pool was filled with water and I was swimming downwards about 30 feet. The misty water had a bluish appearance at this depth. I witnessed a boy swimming about 20 feet below me into the darkness. He was a dark shadow assimilating with the abyss of blackness before him. I blinked again and I was closer to the bottom of the pool. I saw the boy clearly. I witnessed a horrified look on the boy’s face when he saw the skulls at the bottom of this pool. He struggled to swim upwards. Suddenly I became the boy and I realized I did not have enough breath to reach the surface again. As I looked up and saw my last fading glimpse of light above I panicked. I only wanted to see how deep the pool was. I only wanted to know its depth… I was too young to die. I couldn’t believe I was to die like this.

----VI-----
Again I was transported. I found myself back at the bottom of the empty cesspool. I heard a voice again, but I was my own.
“So it seems that you are trying to tell me that all these people are oblivious to their inevitable demise. Though they can choose the purity of the way they live their life they still cannot realize that they will eventually die. A person can choose to swim through clouded water all their life and realize the end when it is too late, or can be blinded by their own worthless shit and never realize that they are destroying themselves or dragging others down.
Are there other choices other than clouded or muddy water?
What is a better choice: to see the end when it is too late to do anything,
or see nothing at all and not care for anything?
Do all swimmers think that they live forever?
Is there a clear pool?
Do I have to choose between these pools?
What if I don’t choose at all?
Why did you show me this?
Do I have to save these people?
Are these people living their lives the wrong way?
What does this all mean when applied to reality?
Why was this knowledge given to me? ”

No comments: