Thursday, September 18, 2003

The Nightmare
Part 2
----II----

Having found nothing else I considered to be worthwhile; And having not found a sign of anyone else in the first building. I crossed the lawn to the other building that lied to the west. It was strange to see that there was not a single soul outside, considering that there were a couple hundred there before I went into the first house. I figured that everyone must be inside of the second building because there was nobody in the first.
The interior of the house on the left, was for the most part, a twin of its counterpart. It had the same broken windows, whitewashed walls and floors carpeted in decaying leaves. I found my mom, and about 300 other adults in this auditorium. They were waiting for a show to start. I asked my mother, when the show would start but she did not know; she didn’t even know what the show was about or if there would even be a show that day.
The auditorium was just as large as the first even with hundreds of middle aged people in it. The place seemed very ominous for a reason I couldn’t quite grasp. Perhaps I though that the enormous fans and ventilation shafts on the ceiling would suck me into them, or that they would fall and crush us all. I was quite anxious to leave that place and go exploring on my own. I left my sister with my mom and struck out alone.
After about an hour of wandering through snaking white washed corridors. I found a room with a couple of scruffy looking teenage boys in it. This too, was an auditorium. It however was a smaller room, with a low ceiling, and sort of looked like some sort of supply closet. There was a small stage with some strange looking band playing on it. It was a creepy show that didn’t make sense at all. All of the performers just walked up and down the stage in flashy clothes or just sitting and staring into space, they didn’t seem very attractive to me with their pretentious acting. The boys didn’t seem very interested in the show either and were playing hack in the back of the room.
I made my presence known to them, with a loud salutation and they stopped what they were doing. I noticed that they all wore black t-shirts and had black or dark brown hair. They seemed to all look almost alike, and move alike, as if they were all brothers. They crowded around me and started talking to me. They told me that they were bored and fed up with all of the stupid people that were hanging around. That everyone that had been walking over the Mansion’s lawns were shallow, inconsiderate preps. They said that they had come to this room because the preps weren’t there, and that there wasn’t anything else in the mansion worth seeing. They were only in this room because there was music and the people in it made it seem less lonely. They said that really wanted to get out and find something better to do though and they asked me to come along with them. I was kind of enchanted with their awkward charm and decided it might be fun to follow them.
I could tell that one of the boys took a particular interest in me, at least I supposed. He kept on glancing at me with fondness and amazement. I kind of thought he was sweet, but didn’t really want to flirt with him. His unwashed, greasy black hair and faded T-shirt were kind of a turn-off. I thought that I’d probably adore him if he bathed. He seemed unique from the rest of the boys, or from anyone I knew, but was much to timid to speak to me.
As the boys and I walked down a wide corridor lighted with fluorescent lights I asked them where everyone went. They seemed a bit annoyed by this question because to them “everyone” meant the people they hated. But they decided to lead me there because maybe they could have fun teasing all the stuck- up people at the pool or maybe they could just cause some random mayhem.

No comments: